|My new tattoo! Unaffiliated with MiBM.|
May is Bike Month is a campaign that takes place in the six-county Sacramento Region each year. The focus of our campaign is to promote bicycle use as a mode of transportation whether for running errands, commuting, riding recreationally, or working. We encourage people to get out of their cars and on their bikes year-round, but we make it a big deal every May so that as more people become energized and comfortable on their bicycles they will be more likely to replace a car trip with a bicycle trip year round. Fewer cars on the road improves air quality and reduce traffic congestion; and as more bike trips replace car trips, we expect to see a greater demand for investment in bicycling infrastructure and facilities.
- 25 cyclists will win May is Bike Month socks.
- Twenty-five $20 gift certificates to a bike shop. (The Transportation Management Organization in your area will contact you about bike shop selection).
- 2 cyclists will be randomly selected to win a 3 day bike vacation on Sept 6-8 2013, on the Emigrant Trails Bike Trek in Emigrant Trails Bike Trek in South Lake Tahoe, valued at $450, sponsored by Breathe California of Sacramento. For more info, see http://www.sacbreathe.org/trek
- 2 cyclists will be randomly selected to win $100 gift certificates to area bike shops
- 100 cyclists will be randomly selected to win May is Bike Month socks.