Here’s a list of the things I’m bringing, need to get, and am considering bringing.
Ready to Go:
- My bike and Little Trunk — Two Tubes, Pump, Tiny tools, Tire Irons.
- Tool Kit — lube, wrench, extra cleats.
- Sleeping Bag — 30 deg. rated, inexpensive but lightweight and compressable bag.
- Sleeping Mat — expensive “Thermarest” 3 lbs.
- Six Ziplocks With Each Day’s Kit — bibs, jersey, and socks. (Will have to double up one day.)
- Three Pair of Gloves — zip locked; seems like enough.
- Sleeves and Leggings — zip locked.
- Cleat covers.
- Riding Sunglasses.
- Garmin, Heartrate Monitor, and Charger.
- Recharging Unit for Garmin (and iPhone) — Not solar, ’cause I don’t want it on my bike all day.
- Camp shoes — Not sure my toe’d sandals are sufficient; still considering my options.
- Socks — I guess its going to be cold.
- Underwear — 5 pair, I guess.
- T-shirts — 5.
- Shorts and pants — one of each.
- Regular Sunglasses.
- Toiletry Bag — toothpaste, toothbrusth, face wash, lotion, deodorant.
- Preride Ziplock — sunscreen, vaseline (sorry, butt-butter is way too expensive), salt pills, anti-fatigue pills (skeptical about these).
- Camp Ziplock — toilet paper, nose strips, nasal spray, “personal” lubricant and related items.
- iPhone, headphones, and charger.
- Water bottle.
- Camp Cap — got a very expensive folding one from REI.
- Jacket — But which one? Will my bike jacket do?
- Camp Pillow — looks so insubstantial when you unpack it, but gets comfy once it puffs up.
- Pharmaceuticals — ibuprophen, prilosec, temazepam, allergy pills.
Still Need to Get:
- Camp Sheet — some will increase the warmth rating of your bag by 20 deg, but cost as much as my bag.
- Warm Gloves.
- Toilet Wipes.
- Dryer Sheets — to keep dirty clothes from stinking.
Deciding if I Should Bring:
- Camp Cup — thinking I’m not going to want to wash it.
- Camera — too heavy and wouldn’t want to damage it.
- iPad — would be cool to take some panoramas, but guessing no, won’t have enough charging power.
- Playing Cards.
- Teddy Bear.